What really makes your home warm and merry this holiday season is the people you welcome into it. Sometimes we get so consumed with the details â€“ cleaning, decorating, shopping, cooking â€“ that we forget to stop and take the time to enjoy the best part of the holidays â€“ spending time and making memories with our loved ones. So here are some super simple holiday decorating ideas to help make your home more festive and leave you plenty of time and energy left to enjoy what matters most.
- Fill a glass vase (or other unique container) with colorful glass balls. This adds color and cheer to any room, and allows you to showcase your crystal vase or glass bowl that rarely come out of storage and make use of those â€œextraâ€ ornaments.
- Fill a fireplace (that you are not planning to use, of course) with several poinsettia plants. This can really brighten up a room and add a cheery focal point. Finish the look by draping some garland over the mantel for a framing effect.
- Highlight a large light fixture with a little garland and/or a sprig of mistletoe. This is a great way to add some decorations to a room without taking up any table or floor space, which can be limited, especially if you are entertaining.
- Cover empty boxes in various sizes with shiny, colorful holiday wrapping paper. You can arrange tiny boxes on a serving platter and use as a centerpiece, and fill empty corners or display shelves with larger boxes.
- Hang a single, small to mid-size wreath in a feature window.
- Tie a swag or two on your mailbox. Add some ribbon for an added pop of color.