To get you started, here are seven fantastic budget-sensitive tips for helping your dining room to look its very best.
1. Select the correct rug size
- Typical living room rug sizes are 8’x10? and 9’x12?
- Make sure your rug is at least 6? wider (8? is ideal) than your sofa on both sides
- Typically run the rug the length of the sofa
- Give 30? to 36? of a walkway between large furniture pieces (if your living room allows for it) if not then at least 18?-24?. That will help you select your rug size
2. Don’t clutter your space with too much stuff
3. Add elements of black
Sprinkling black pieces of decor around your living room will really help to add visual weight, contrast and ground the design.
4. Style with a throw blanket
5. Put a tray on your coffee table They add more texture, look pretty and corral your things
6. Add floor lamps and table lamps
Lighting is so important. Lamps with varying heights will make your room look interesting and having more than one lamp will balance the light throughout your room.
7. Create conversation area with furniture
The main purpose of a living room is to have a place to hang out with family and friends
For more design ideas and personalized styling, we recommend Maria at Refine & Design.
Refine & Design is an interior styling and home staging company dedicated to making your space functional and beautiful. Refine & Design provides affordable, practical, and creative solutions personalized to fit your taste and lifestyle. You can call or email them at 614-296-9800 firstname.lastname@example.org