The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office recently shared the following tips to help protect your home and keep your family safe.
- Lock door and windows whether you are home or not. Make it a nightly routine to check the locks.
- Hang a bell on the door. Anyone entering your home will trigger this simple, unobtrusive alarm.
- Keep your house well lit at night to discourage criminals. Motion detecting flood lights are a great option.
- Use highly visible and easy to read house numbers so law enforcement can effortlessly identify your home.
- Under door mats, flower pots or fake rocks are the first place a criminal will look. Instead, give a key to a trusted neighbor.
- Have a family safety plan. The best defense against home invasion is planning and communication.
- Invest in an alarm system to protect you, your home, and your belongings.
- Join a Neighborhood Watch program. These programs build cohesive neighborhoods that help reduce crime. Call the Franklin County Sheriffâ€™s Office Community Relations for more information at 614.525.4507.
Enjoy Peace of Mind Living in New Albany, Ohio
Residents of New Albany look after each other, which is one reason why this community is a top place to live. As New Albany real estate experts, we are committed to helping buyers, sellers, and homeowners enjoy this cohesive community and peace of mind about all aspects of the real estate process.
Let us help you achieve your buying and selling goals. Call us today atÂ 614.939.1234.