Evidently, home sales in Central Ohio are up while total home inventory is down.
Continue reading to learn more about current market trends on this Central Ohio real estate market.
Central Ohio Properties for Sale
Thinking about selling your home? Be sure to check out the latest market statistics from the Columbus Board of REALTORS o develop a comprehensive idea of what homes are selling for in your area:
- For the last four months, home sales have been greater than in 2010.
- In October, 1,543homes sold in the Columbus area, representing an 8.6 percent increase when compared to the same month last year.
- Last October, 1,421homes sold.
- In September, home sales were up by 16.6 percent when compared to the year before.
- Year-to-date, 2011 home sales are just 2.1Â percent behind numbers in 2010.
- 1,379 homes went under contract last month, which represents a 46 percent increase when compared to 2010.
- Â The Columbus area housing inventory was down to an 8.1 month supply in October.Â This is equivalent to 13,827 homes for sale on the market today.
- In September, the local housing inventory was an 8.7 month supply.
- During the year 2011 so far, the average sales price for single-family homes and condos in the Columbus area was $157,327.
Â Selling New Albany Real Estate
All of this is fantastic news for home sellers because it means that supply is starting to exceed demand, giving home sellers an edge on setting the price they want for their New Albany home.
As your New Albany real estate experts, weâ€™ll walk you through our comprehensive marketing plan for sellers, which will help you sell your home in less time and for more money.
In the meantime, we recommend you check you some of our other home selling resources that we offer:
Until next time
Kate & Tony