After all, according to a recent article I was reading, New Albany experienced tremendous success during calendar year 2014. From new developments to a healthy local real estate market, there was certainly a lot to be proud of on the local housing market.
If youâ€™re considering investing in real estate anytime soon in the New Albany, Ohio area, then we invite you to continue reading to learn about all that our wonderful community accomplished during the past year.
From New Developments to Real Estate, New Albany Prospered in 2014
As we previously noted, there were certainly a lot of time in the last year that residents were proud to call New Albany home.
For instance, in 2014, New Albany expanded its city-center landscape and added 1,600 jobs to its business parks.
Meanwhile, the intersection of Market and Main streets saw a dramatic transformation in 2014 thanks to the installation of a roundabout as well as the construction of a two-story 26,000-squrae-foot retail center at the northwest corner.
But this doesnâ€™t even scratch the surface of all that was accomplished in 2014.
Here are some other positive developments that happened in our city during this time:
- The two-story, 52,000-square-foot Phillip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany was constructed. This center is a huge economic booster for the city and even includes clinical space as well as community programming space.
- The city added several new businesses to the communityâ€™s business parks and welcomed the expansion of others.
- The city started several new business projects, including American Electric Power (which is expected to move its transmission headquarters to our town)as well as Bocchi Laboratories (which is expected to invest $18 million in a 130,000-square-foot facility)
- Other new business projects included L Brands, Magnanni and Mission Essential.
- Meanwhile, Anonmatic Corp., Capture Education and Knowlton Development Corp., announced plans to expand.
- City leaders also partnered with the Central Ohio Transportation Authority to add a park-and-ride facility on Forest Drive, which opened Sept. 2.
- The city also hosted a few new events in 2014, including the first Honor Ride Ohio as well as a series of triathlons called Challenge Day New Albany.
- Meanwhile, the New Albany Police Department worked hard to make the city safer for all by using smartphone technology. MyPD allows users to receive tweets and updated information for the police department. The latest counts suggest that more than 400 residents have signed up for this app.
Now Do You See Why New Albany, OH is So Wonderful?
As you can see, our precious Central Ohio community really does have a lot going for it these days. Itâ€™s no wonder that this community is such a popular destination for home buyers.
If youâ€™re ready to take that next step toward making this community your home, please make sure to contact us, Kate & Tony Thomas, today.
We will take the time to learn what exactly youâ€™re looking for in a New Albany home and then weâ€™ll work hard to find the right fit for you.
Until next time,
Kate & Tony