Winter is a great time to live in New Albany, Ohio.Â Thatâ€™s because this community oriented community always has a ton of holiday events going on during this time of year.
If youâ€™ve been thinking about relocating to central Ohio, I recommend you check out some of these family-friendly activities.Â It will give you a good idea of why so many people consider New Albany such a special place to live.
Enjoy These Family-Friendly Activities This Month in New Albany
Here is just a sampling of some of the holiday-themed events that you and your family could enjoy as New Albany residents this year:
Holiday Spectacular: Enjoy this annual holiday concert featuring the New Albany Symphony Orchestra and the Columbus Childrenâ€™s Choir. Arrive early for your chance to purchase a Gift Box and to enjoy some pre-concert activities with the kids. You can even bring a canned food item to support the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.
- Â When:Â 3 to 5 p.m. on December 18
- Where: Jeanne B. McCoy Community Center for the Arts
- Admission: $11 to $22
- More Info: Call 614-245-4701
Holiday Lights Show: Enjoy the magic of the holiday season at this holiday light show in Gahanna.Â During this annual holiday event, visitors enjoy a holiday parade, the holiday tree lighting and even a visit with Santa Claus!
- When: November 12 to January 2
- Where: Olde Gahanna and Creekside, 123 Mill Street in Gahanna
- Admission: FREE
- More Info: Call 614-418-9114
Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas:Â On the 45th anniversary of the holiday classic, visitors can view 44 original production cells, animation sketches and even behind-the-scenes photos from this film.
- When: Now through January 4
- Where: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad Street in Columbus
- Admission: Adults $11. Seniors and students $9. Children $6. Children under 2 free.
- More Info: Call 614-645-8733
The Nutcracker:Â Many people connect the holiday season with this classic ballet, which tells the story of young Clara and her Nutcracker Prince.Â Now you and your family can enjoy this enchanting ballet in person at the Ohio Theatre, which will have performances of The Nutcracker throughout the month.
- When: Now through December 23; Times vary
- Where: 39 E. State Street in Columbus
- Admission: Prices vary
- More Info:Â Call 800-745-3000 or 614-469-0939
Â Investing in New Albany, Ohio Real Estate
Stay tuned next week when weâ€™ll tell you about even more holiday activities going on in the New Albany, Ohio area.
If you get a chance to attend one of the events I mentioned above, please let me know what you thought of it!
New Albany is a wonderful place to live â€“ not just during the holiday season, but all year-round.Â If youâ€™re ready to take the next step toward making New Albany your permanent home, then contact us, Kate & Tony Thomas, today.
Weâ€™ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and let you know about available listings in the area.
Until next time,
Kate & Tony