Carbon Monoxide Sensors
Winter weather means staying cozy at home, but that also means the potential dangers of keeping your home warm. Carbon monoxide is a silent danger that many don’t realize until it’s too late. Due to Texas’s hazardous weather, we’ve heard plenty of horror stories on CO poisonings this season. To protect yourself and your family, we’ve gathered tips on keeping your home safe every year.
We recommend having a carbon monoxide sensor on every floor of your home. A common mistake people make is mounting them high. However, carbon monoxide is heavier than oxygen and will be easier detected close to the ground. The best ones we recommend are the ones you plug into walls, so you don’t have to replace them often.
The CDC recommends having your heating system, water heater, and any other gas, oil, or coal-burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year. Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas; therefore, it can be hard to detect but having sensors is an easy way to protect yourself and your family.
If you want more information on our homeowner tips please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can recommend local professional services around Central Ohio for all your needs!