Whether you are preparing to sell, simplifying your life or just doing an annual fall clean-out, decluttering is often one of the most challenging tasks of home ownership. While it may seem tempting to sort through the entire home at once, trying to tackle such a large project in such a short time will leave any homeowner frustrated. Following these essential declutteringÂ tips will make your jobÂ much easier.
- Allow plenty of time – start decluttering a few months in advance of a potential move, if possible.
- MakeÂ a list of items you cannot live without.
- Choose storage containers that are attractive and make the most use of space.
- Donate any furniture that you don’t need or want anymore.
- Donate or discard anything you haven’t used in the pastÂ year.
- AskÂ a friend or family member for objective advice.
- Keep furniture that serves more than oneÂ purpose.
Need Additional Tips about Downsizing?
If you are planning to downsize and move within the New Albany and Greater Columbus area, we are more than happy to assist you. We can provide you with additional downsizing secrets, home selling tips, and anything else you need. Call us atÂ 614.939.1234.